Sunday, June 11, 2006

I'm An Aunt!!!

I became an aunt today when my (kid) brother and his wife had their first child! A little girl! I have a niece and she is absolutely the most beautiful thing in the world! And my sister-in-law, God bless her, had a wonderful, short labor (about 5 hours ALTOGETHER!) and she did great. My brother's still walking about eight feet in the air and I don't blame him. I don't remember the last time I felt so happy for anyone.

It is soo hard to believe my brother has a daughter, that he is actually someone's dad. Hee hee... it's even funnier to hear him call himself Daddy. Oh, you gotta love it. And I can't wait to see him with her. I mean, whenever he held my daughter (who's now 5) and whenever he holds my son (eight months), he did so in such a death grip that I'm surprised neither one ever turned blue. Should be interesting to see how he is with his own baby now.... But I think he and his wife will be excellent parents - and they certainly deserve all the joy and happiness that their future is sure to hold. I know that sounds really corny and goofy, but it's how I feel tonight.

And to top it all off, they've asked me to be her godmother - which, of course, I am thrilled to say yes to. Come on - did they really think I'd say no???? My brother's godfather to both of my kids - and I've never (not in a million years!!!) say no. God, he has no idea what he has to look forward to - neither one of them really does. It's something that nothing and no one can ever possibly prepare you for. I just hope neither one of them is shy about asking for help because we've all been there at one point or another and have all had the seemingly silly questions. I remember when my husband and I brought our daughter home from the hospital. We set her in her bassinet, settled ourselves on the sofa, looked at the bassinet, looked at each other and said, "What do we do now?"

Hee hee... this is just so exciting and so fun... and it couldn't have happened to two more deserving people. God bless all of them - especially their new baby girl - my niece!!!

No comments: