Saturday, July 01, 2006

Happy Fourth

Well, it's almost the fourth, anyway. Went to see fireworks tonight. Ok, but not nearly as good as last year's. But, what can you do? It's a night out and that's never a bad thing.

My daughter's all finished with her rabies post exposure treatment and that's all behind us now, thank God. I'll tell you, the kid is amazing - took it in such stride. We should all be so calm and laid back - which is really funny considering how loud she yelled when she tripped going up the stairs to her bedroom tonight. Unfortunately she is the offspring of the two klutziest people on the planet.

She's doomed.

On another note - spent all last weekend fighting with my computer. It seems my C drive is just about full so I thought I'd go in and delete few things that I didn't need - programs I never used, yadda yadda yadda.

Baaaad move.

Seems I wiped out something I needed for my iPod. Great.... so all the crap I took off to make more room, I had to put back because I don't know what program shares what files.... Why did I think I could fix the C drive space problem? What was I thinking? It seems so easy and yet - I create a disaster EVERY time I think 'Hey, I can fix that. No problem.' You'd think I'd know better by now, wouldn't you? You know what the six most dangerous words are? What's the worst that could happen? I ought to smack myself upside the head each and every time I think those damn words because those are the words that get me into the most trouble. And then I'm tearing through my desk drawers, muttering unintelligibly about computers and Microsoft and wondering where the hell I put the application restore disks when I bought my damn laptop four years ago - the cat's under the bed, refusing to come out, the dog's hiding under the kitchen table, and my daughter's telling my husband 'you really don't want to go down there, daddy.' Ahhh... more fun than any one person should be allowed to have.

But, that was last week and I am a disaster with the computer, but I usually manage to fix whatever I've screwed up and I'm happy to say that the iPod files are back and running normal and I've even added a few songs to my playlist... woo hoo....

Taking break from the pirates and vikings to celebrate a long weekend with my family. And then it's back to work. Time to submit again - I've been feeling waaay too good about myself, so it's time to put the old ego on the chopping block (is that even possible????) and give someone the chance to send a form rejection (apologizing for the damn form in the first place!) Ah, who knows? I might sell again - stranger things have happened....

Haven't they???

No comments: