Friday, August 25, 2006

Post-Vacation Musings

Ahhh... back home again. As much I love getting away for a few days, there's nothing quite like coming back home again. And it was a great getaway. Beautiful weather. Everyone's relaxed and in a good mood and we got to visit with some old friends that we don't get to see too often anymore. I think the last time any part of this group got together was for dinner about three months ago - maybe longer, I can't really remember. But it does take us forever to manage to all get together. We're scattered all over the state and most of us have kids now and those kids are involved in this and that. It's rough. But when we do get together, it's worth the wait.

I didn't get a whole lot done, work-wise. Started editing those rotten pirates... but that's about it. I've been much more productive since I got back - once the laundry was finished and the kids used to being home again. I've got three chapters done for my newest book and the rest is slowly plotting itself out in my head. I've tried outlining, but that never works for me. So I just let the story tell itself and work the kinks out with subsequent rewrites. That's what works best for me. It might lead to a few more drafts than I'd like, but it's the only system that works.

A busy weekend coming up. I've a 30th birthday party on Saturday and my neice's christening on Sunday. So that means I have to run like a fool today to get everything done that I need do for both events. Oy this week just got away from me. I don't know how, but I know it did.

DH and I've decided it's time to house-hunt. We've been in our place since we were married, but with the two kids it is just waaay too crowded. It's something we've kind of been putting off, but we just can't any more. With any luck, it won't take us too long to find the perfect house. I'm like Goldilocks - nothing too big and nothing too small. I want a yard, a dining room, and a driveway most of all - and four bedrooms, 2.5 baths, attic and finished basement. Not that I'm picky or anything :)

I jammed my thumb on the front door last night and it's still really sore, so typing is kind of difficult. Ergo, I'm going to wrap up this post for now. More when I feel up to typing that isn't work related....

No comments: