Saturday, September 29, 2007

Galleys!

The galley for You Belong to Me arrived this morning! Woo hoo! It's almost a book!

Unfortunately, it's a PDF file. Now, that wouldn't be a problem, if my computer would only cooperate. I replaced my laptop last spring and the new laptop came loaded with Windows Vista. Now, I don't know if it's just my machine, or if Vista hates Adobe Acrobat, but I've had to install and uninstall Acrobat every time I need to view a PDF file. I download and install, and then my machine throws fits. Every time. So I have to go back in and uninstall it. It's a total pain and I don't know how to fix it, and I've haunted the Adobe website to make sure I have every update offered. Doesn't matter. My laptop hates Adobe. To make matters worse, I had Adobe on my Sony laptop, which still works, it just has a teeny-tiny little hard drive - too small for what I need now. I took it off to defrag the hard drive and something went screwy there. When I try to install it on the Sony, I get that danged Internet Explorer has experienced a problem and must shut down error message. Figures, right? Rats.

So, I have to print out my galley to comb over it. No big deal, but I had no idea how slow it is to print out a PDF file. Eek. Unless it's my machine again - which wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Well, it's almost done, so I have to begin my edits of it. Hopefully there won't be too many and I've already shanghaied my husband into being another pair of eyes to go through the galley when I've finished. I don't want to miss anything.

I'll post an excerpt soon!

No comments: