Monday, May 05, 2008

Out of the Loop

Ah... but it's not the loop that you might be thinking of - I'm talking about author's loops.

I don't know about all publishers, but for my publishers, there are loops for everything. Authors only, promo loops, business loops, author/reader loops. They serve their purposes, and not all are mandatory, but still, I just can't keep up with them.

The author only and business loops are usually the easiest to stay on top of - there aren't a whole lot of emails involved.

But the reader ones... I just can not keep up with them. Too many posts flying around. And it seems like everyone but me knows each other - and by the time I get caught up, there are 50 more digests to go through. Yep - digests. Not posts. But groups of about 25 posts each. That's a lot of posts.

Certain ones go to certain email addresses (I have 3 email addys all told - which is probably two too many, actually) and some are no mail - and I spend a good deal of time cleaning them out. Some don't get read, just because I can't possibly keep up with them. How does anyone else do it? I'd love to know.

They are great for promos and interaction with readers (which is something I'd rather have more of then less, to tell the truth) - which is why I try so hard to keep up with them, but it's not easy. I don't know how anyone does it. But I try, and that's got to be worth something, right?

I certainly hope so.

No comments: