Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Odds n' Ends

So, I'm still waiting for my web guy to get back to me. How many emails can you send someone before it's considered stalking? It's driving me batty because I really want to get my web site up to date, and there's nothing more irritating than emails that aren't answered. Well, there is, but right now, this is at the top of my tick-me-off list.

I finished the major revisions on After the Storm. Now it's time to let it stew for a few days, give it a final read-through, and then off to my editor. Yay! That means I'll be able to tackle the other WIPs cluttering my desk. I think I'll attack my NaNo manuscript first. That was a fun story, and hopefully I'll be able to do something with it.

After that? Well, I just don't know. And I'm not worrying about it, either, so there.

It snowed today - I went out and romped with the kids before dinner. It was a lot of fun, but my back's still not at 100%, so it's a little tight right now. Nothing that a few hours with the heating pad, and an Icy/Hot patch at bedtime won't cure. I need to get back to the gym before I go completely insane. It's been 3 weeks. Ugh. Three. Frickin'. Weeks.

My husband's sick. Again. He was sick about three weeks ago (right around the time I first hurt my back. Hmmm... a connection, perhaps???). And now he's sick again. I managed to avoid it last time and I can only hope that I avoid it again.

Oh, make sure you go and check out Editortera's Blog this week. She's my editor over at Samhain, and hosting a contest that runs from now until February 13. It's a totally cool contest in which Samhain authors Danielle Devon, T.A. Chase, Rita Oberlies, Dawn Brown, Lexi Adair, Avery Beck, Angelle Trieste, Lissa Matthews, Denise Belinda McDonald, Kelly Jamieson, and I will each post an excerpt (one per day) and you get to continue writing the story as you think it should unfold (up to 250 words). A winner will be chosen each day, and a grand prize will be drawn on February 14th! And, let me tell you, there are some pretty sweet prizes being offered. So go on over and check it out, read some awesome excerpts by some awesome authors and unleash your own creative side!

No comments: