Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Walking Wounded

That would be me.

I fell on ice yesterday. I think it's the first time I've ever fallen on ice. It rained most of Monday, then it got real cold Monday night, Result? Frozen puddles on Tuesday. Puddles I did not see.

splat!!!

My right foot shot out from under me and I landed completely on my left knee.

Ow!!!!

So now, I can only put a bit of weight on my left leg (please to call me Eye-gore now) and, while most of the swelling has finally gone down, my knee is some very interesting shades of bruise. Blech,

The plus side? I got to spend all day yesterday snuggled in bed, watching movies (I saw Parenthood again, which I haven't seen in years. It's even funnier now that I have kids of my own) and I'll probably do the same again today. Hopefully I'll be much more mobile tomorrow and back at the gym on Friday (keep your fingers crossed.)

And now? Time to gimp upstairs, put the ice pack on my leg, prop it with a pillow (my leg, not the ice pack), and finish those damn revisions on Tiger Eyes...

No comments: