Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Real life has snuck up on me again in the form of a sick Girl. She's been home from school since Thursday, running a fever until yesterday, when I took her to the doctor. Turns out she has a major ear infection. Ah, yes... winter has come to my household.
Anyway, I try not to make New Year's resolutions, simply because I know I'm not going to keep them. It just never seems to happen.
However, I have a few goals, I'd like to reach. Is that the same thing as resolutions? I don't know... Great, there's another one - look up the difference between goal and resolution. Sigh.
So here they are, some of my writing-related goals for 2010...
1. Get Tiger Eyes and Devil in Disguise completely finished and out the door.
2. Finish Dance with the Devil, Angel of Darkness, and One Wicked Kiss
3. Start researching and writing the historical western that's been poking holes in my brain for months. I've had this story idea for the longest time, now I want to get it out on paper.
4. Blog on a more regular basis
5. Get an agent - this is kind of a perennial goal for me, but I have yet to seriously pursue it. So, maybe this year, I'll actually do it. We'll see.
I've also got ideas for several other books, and if I get them written this year, wonderful. If not, I have a list for next year as well. And I'm sure this list will grow as the year progresses. And change. And who knows? The agent hunt may spill over into next year. We'll see.
It's not the biggest list, but it's a start.
What about you? What's on your list for 2010???