Friday, February 01, 2013

Still Sick (No, Really. I Am.)

And it really sucks.

REALLY

SUCKS

I was starting to feel better over the weekend, which was a good thing because I'd gotten completely caught up on Downton Abbey, so I was out of new stuff to watch. I've been debating about getting the third season and just saying the hell with waiting to see how this season plays out, but in the end, I decided not.

And then Tuesday night, my throat felt a little scratchy. No problem. My head was all stuffed up. It was just probably from that.

I realized otherwise when I woke up at 3:30 in the morning with my throat hurting even worse than it did last week. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. Forget sleeping. I gathered up my ER on DVD (I'm working my way through it again. I was on Season 11 Tuesday night/Wednesday morning), put on my fleecy,  super cozy bathrobe, got me some juice (Juicy Juice makes the best grape juice ever, btw) and when downstairs so I wouldn't wake my husband.

I finally fell asleep around 5AM. My son woke me at a little before 8 with a kiss (he's so adorable that way. It's what keeps me from killing him most days) and after he left for school at 8AM, I staggered back upstairs, where I promptly fell back asleep until after ten. From that point on, it was impossible to stay awake more than a half hour. I kept dozing off. I ran a fever. It was awful.

By yesterday, I felt a little better. I only napped once. The fever broke. My throat no longer hurts. My nose has (finally) stopped running. Now if only this awful Typhoid Mary cough would go away.

Today's the first time in over a week that I've actually felt well. Hopefully that means I'm kicking this awful cold (I don't think it was the flu, or if it was, it was a very mild flu.) And hopefully that means I'll be up and blogging on a regular basis again real soon.

Keep your fingers crossed.

No comments: