Thursday, May 31, 2018

So Much Adulting

Damn... I go away for a while (okay, a loooong while) and when I come back, my blog needs yooooge renovations. So, here I am, adulting like a boss as I move things around, sweep up and toss broken links, delete blogs that haven't been updated in literally years, fiddle with fonts and colors, and even rename the whole place. Whew. I need a nap. Or a drink. Yes, a drink will do nicely.

So, here we are, a nice, freshly cleaned and polished blog, I feel quite accomplished, even if it's really kinda my own fault the place went to ruin. I had pages up to books that aren't even available any longer. There were links that led to dead ends. And I discovered that, while I was gone, Blogger added some really cool things as well, so I can probably use this in place of my website. At least, for now anyway.

I really didn't mean to spend an entire afternoon doing this. I had no idea it was this out of whack. But at the same time, I don't really mind it. It's fun to play around with layout and font and colors and all that stuff. I just don't want to have to do it again for a long time.

So, if you're so moved, let me know what you think. What works, what doesn't work? What you like, what you don't like? Things like that.

In the meanwhile, here is the newest member of our family. Meet Oreo, the tuxedo we adopted last month.

 The mustache!


Do not be fooled, human. I could kill you if I wish...

No comments: